(Updated 2/17/17) Ridesharing – Do you Lyft or Uber?
Various friends periodically mention to me that they utilize Lyft and/or Uber ridesharing services. I have yet to give it a try – but I envision needing to do so at some point this year. Your experiences and insights would be helpful.
Since I had been thinking about downloading either the Lyft or Uber app, I was interested when I saw an article in the Sacramento Bee about the 2016 Lyfties Awards – the most popular location drop-offs by Lyft drivers.
Subscribe to SacramentoRevealed.com to receive the weekly newsletter direct to your inbox! Comments are welcome.
Sacramento is among the 24 locations in which Local Lyfties were awarded. I was very interested to learn the Sacramento winners – all are in downtown or midtown:
- Restaurant – LowBrau, 1050 20th Street. LowBrau is a modern take on the traditional German Bierhalle. Lowbrau’s house-made sausages are crafted next door at the Block Butcher Bar.
- Bar – Dive Bar, 1016 K Street. The Dive Bar features live mermaids or mermen swimming in the huge aquarium above the bar from time to time – hence the establishment’s name.
- Event Center – Golden 1 Center, 500 David J. Stern Walk. Home of the Sacramento Kings.
- Transit Stop – Sacramento Valley Station, 401 I Street. In continuous operation since 1926, the historic Sacramento Valley Station is the nation’s 7th busiest rail station.
As an aside – I was very surprised that Sacramento International Airport was not on the list – and then it occurred to me that it is not within the city limits.
My guess that the Sacramento International Airport would rank first in the “Transit” category if it was actually in Sacramento proper.
- Only in Sacramento – Coin Op Game Room, 908 K Street. Coin Op Game Room features food, drink and classic arcade games.
- Trending – Bottle & Barlow, 1120 R Street. Bottle & Barlow combines a full bar and barbershop.
Looking at the list of winners my guess is that not having to worry about drinking, driving and parking are the main reasons to use a ridesharing service.
Do you Lyft or Uber?
- If you Lyft or Uber – do you have a preference between the two? If so, why?
- If I am only going to download one of the two apps – which do you recommend?
- Do you utilize a ridesharing company other than Lyft or Uber?
- What has been your experience using a ridesharing service?
- Were you ever out and about and had concerns about getting a ride home?
Thanks for your insights!
(UPDATED 2/17/2017) I recently started utilizing the services of Lyft. The app is easy to use, the drivers have been very nice, and the price is right!
Subscribe to SacramentoRevealed.com and receive the weekly newsletter direct to your inbox! Comments are welcome.