Description of an analysis and ranking by Clever Real Estate of the Best Taco Cities in America. Where does Sacramento rank?
The No. 1 spot on the Clever Real Estate 2022 best taco cities ranking was Austin, TX. Coming in last at No. 50 was Hartford, CT.
It did not surprise me that Sacramento made the list of the Best Taco Cities in America, ranking No. 15 in a field of 50 cities.
SacramentoRevealed.com – All Things Sacramento (from a personal perspective)
The state of California had the largest number of cities on the best taco cities list, besting Texas by one:
California Best Taco Cities
- 2 – San Jose
- 5 – Los Angeles
- 8 – San Diego
- 10 – Riverside
- 15 – Sacramento
- 31 – San Francisco
Best Taco Cities Criteria (partial)
The criteria used to rank the best taco cities included:
- Number of taco restaurants per 100,000 residents
- Average Yelp star rating
- Google Trends scores for five taco related terms (aka Taco Passion)
- Percentage of taco restaurants
- Number of taco trucks per 100,000 residents
Comparison – Austin v. Sacramento
- Taco places per capita – Austin (7.1) v. Sacramento (3.2)
- Percentage of restaurants that are taco places – Austin (7%) v. Sacramento (4.1%)
- Average Yelp star rating – Austin (4.31) v. Sacramento (4.13)
- Taco passion score – Austin (95.4) v. Sacramento (83.4)
While Sacramento scored No. 15 overall, we ranked No. 2 for food trucks – with 5.1 food trucks per 100,000 residents!
Best Taco Places
Finally, the ranking identified the top two “best taco places” in each of the top 15 cities! I will certainly be interested in hearing if you agree or disagree with the following:
Best taco places in:
- San Jose: Olla Cocina and Tacos El Compa
- Los Angeles: Guerrilla Tacos and Guisados
- San Diego: City Tacos (multiple locations) and SALUD
- Sacramento: Sal’s Tacos (West Sacramento) and Delicias Taco Truck (6919 Stockton Blvd.)
I have to admit, I have not had taco’s at either Sal’s Taco’s or Delicias Taco Truck. Have you?
See related blog posts: Where Does Sacramento Rank?, Mas Taco Bar, 3 Hermanas, Cantina Alley, Casa Tulum, Centro Cocina Mexicana, Centro Cocina Mexicana Happy Hour, Chando’s Cantina, Chando’s Cantina Revisited, East Patio Mexicano, El Ricon Mexican Restaurant, La Cosecha, Mayahuel, Nopalitos Southwestern Cafe, Polanco Cantina, Tres Hermanas, Zolaco Midtown
Comments on Best Taco Cities in America?
What is your favorite taco place in Sacramento?
Subscribe to SacramentoRevealed.com to receive the new and updated blog post newsletter direct to your inbox. Comments are welcome.