(Last Updated 8/15/2025) Description of the recently updated Eater San Francisco list of 24 Exceptional Restaurants in Sacramento.
Eater San Francisco recently updated its list of 24 Exceptional Restaurants in Sacramento.
I have to admit that when I looked over the list there were a few restaurants that were new to me. More on that a bit later.
SacramentoRevealed.com – All Things Sacramento (from a personal perspective)
Some of the restaurants on the list I have patronized, but not blogged about. Others are on my “to visit” list.
As of right now, I am only doing take-out occasionally. I am glad to say that I have had my first COVID-19 vaccination. However, I do not yet feel comfortable dining outside at a restaurant. On the bright side, Sacramento’s “numbers” (infections, deaths, vaccinations) are all moving in the right direction!
All of the 24 listed restaurants are doing “take-out”. However, you will want to check days and hours of operation. For example, The Waterboy is currently doing take-out only on weekends.
Some, but not all, of the 24 restaurants are offering outside dining on their premises.
Eater San Francisco 24 Exceptional Restaurants in Sacramento
- Bacon & Butter (breakfast/brunch) See related blog posts: Bacon & Butter – Sacramento Restaurants and Bacon & Butter East Sacramento
- Binchoyaki Izakaya Dining See related blog post: Binchoyaki Izakaya – Sacramento Restaurants
- Flowers Fish Market & Restaurant (soul food) (3224 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd./95817/(916) 456-0719
- Frank Fat’s (Chinese/American) See related blog post: Frank Fat’s – Sacramento Restaurants
- Kru (Japanese) See related blog posts: Kru – Sacramento Restaurants and Kru Revisited
- La Flor De Michoacan Mexican Restaurant (cash only) (2339 Northgate Blvd./95833/(916) 927-7265)
- Lalo’s Restaurant (Mexican)
- Laos Kitchen (Laotian) (6227 Franklin Blvd./95824/(916) 424-5550)
- Lemon Grass (Vietnamese and Thai) See related blog post: Lemon Grass – Sacramento Restaurants
- Localis (prix fixe)
- Luigi’s Pizza Parlor (Italian)
- Quan Nem Ninh Hoa Restaurant (Vietnamese)
- Queen Sheba (Ethiopian)
- Sam’s Hof Brau (carvery)
- Solomon’s (new name) See related blog post: Solomon’s Delicatessen – Sacramento Restaurants
- South (Southern) (CLOSED) See related blog post: South – Sacramento Restaurants
- The Waterboy (farm-to-fork)
- Tori’s Place (soul food)
- Yang’s Noodles (Taiwanese and Szechuan)
Greater Sacramento Area Restaurants:
- Club Pheasant (Italian/American) (West Sacramento) (CLOSED)
- Journey to the Dumpling (Shanghainese) (Elk Grove)
- Kabob Hut (Pakistani and Indian) (Rocklin)
- Shige Sushi (Japanese) (Carmichael)
- Sunflower Drive-In (vegan and vegetarian) (Fair Oaks)
To Sum Up
So, there you have it – Eater San Francisco’s current list of 24 Exceptional Restaurants in Sacramento.
Now for the reveal. The Sacramento restaurants with which I was unfamiliar are:
- La Flor De Michoacan Mexican Restaurant
- Quan Nem Ninh Hoa Restaurant
(8/15/2023) Broken links deleted and repaired.
(8/3/2022) Broken link repaired.
Are any of the 24 listed restaurants on your “favorite” restaurants list?
Come across a broken link? Please let me know by commenting below so that I can fix it. Thanks!
Subscribe to SacramentoRevealed.com to receive the new and updated blog post newsletter direct to your inbox! Comments are welcome.