(UPDATED 3/8/2021) Description of Greek-To-Go, an opportunity to enjoy an authentic Greek take-out meal from the Sacramento Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church.
The Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, sponsor of the Annual Sacramento Greek Festival, has had to pivot as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The 2020 festival was cancelled, but in the meantime the church is offering Greek-To-Go.
SacramentoRevealed.com – All Things Sacramento (from a personal perspective)
The next Greek-To-Go dinner, the fifth in the series, will take place on March 6. On the menu – Moussaka (moo-saw-kaw).
Dinner for One ($20)
- Moussaka (rich tomato meat sauce layered with eggplant and topped with a thick layer of bechamel sauce)
- Greek Salad (tomatoes, cucumber, Kalamata olives, Feta cheese)
- Tiropita (light and flaky Greek pies filled with Feta and Ricotta cheeses)
- Rizogalo (creamy Greek Vanilla rice pudding topped with cinnamon)
Dinner for Four ($70)
- Four servings of Moussaka, family-sized Greek Salad, four tiropites, and rice pudding for four.
- Frozen half-pan (10×12) of Moussaka (serves 6-8) with cooking instructions
Meze Box ($15)
- Assorted appetizers (2 tiropites, 3 veggie dolmades, Feta cheese, Kalamata olives, pita and tzatziki
Place your order by Friday, March 5 and indicate the time you plan to pick-up your meal between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 6.
Order on the Sacramento Greek Festival Greek-To-Go website, or you can call the Church Office at (916) 443-2033 Extension 221. The pick-up location is the Annunciation Hellenic Center, 616 Alhambra Blvd. between F and G Streets. Enter the parking lot on 30th Street.
To Sum Up
I have ordered my meal and am really looking forward to what is sure to be a taste treat! I always enjoy the Greek Festival, and I was thrilled when the Festival moved back to East Sacramento.
Finally, I have saved the best for last! The 2021 event is scheduled for the first weekend in October. Cross-your-fingers and mark your calendar!
See related blog post: Greek Festival Returns to East Sac
(3/8/2021) Several friends and I took advantage of the beautiful day on Saturday to sit outside and enjoy our Greek repast. It was great to have a socially distanced (of course) visit and catch up with each other. The meal did not disappoint! See photo above.
Comments on Greek-To-Go?
Have you taken advantage of Greek-To-Go?
Subscribe to SacramentoRevealed.com to receive the weekly (with an occasional hiatus) newsletter direct to your inbox!