Description and review of Happy Hour at Hoppy’s Railyard Kitchen and Hopgarden, a brewpub in Old Sacramento.
Friends and I recently stopped by Hoppy’s Railyard Kitchen and Hopgarden for dinner prior to attending an event at the nearby California Railroad Museum.
We were cheerfully greeted upon entering, and were soon seated. We looked around the brewpub comparing the interior of the premises and the outdoor patio to Ten22 and DISTRICT, the previous tenants of the space.
See related blog post: Ten22 – Sacramento Restaurants
Hoppy Brewing Company celebrated its 25th Anniversary earlier this month – a special milestone. Hoppy Brewing Company, a long-time Sacramento brewery and brewpub, had been located on Folsom Blvd. in East Sacramento for almost two decades. The brewery and brewpub operations are now separate with the opening of the brewpub in Old Sacramento.
SacramentoRevealed.com – All Things Sacramento (from a personal perspective)
The Hoppy’s Railyard Kitchen & Hopgarden menu is expansive. When we realized it was still Hoppy Hour we turned our attention to the spring small plate menu. Not only are drinks half price during Hoppy Hour – so are all small plates!
We ordered drinks – two house white wines and one mixed drink – as we discussed our choices. It did not take long to agree on four small plates:
- Bacon Ranch Deviled Eggs (BBQ Sauce, Chives ($8)
- Grilled Artichoke (Castroville Grown Artichoke, Lemon Aioli) ($10)
- Steam Engine Sliders (Ground Bison, Cheddar, Arugula, Total Eclipse Black Ale Aioli) ($10)
- Shrimp Tacos (Avocado Aioli, Cabbage Slaw, Pickled Red Onions, Queso Fresco, Flour Tortillas) ($10)
We all greatly enjoyed the Bacon Ranch Deviled Eggs – they were one of the best deviled eggs I have ever had. The bison Steam Engine Sliders were likewise delicious. I enjoyed them so much that I plan to pick up some bison soon and try my hand at making bison burgers. The Shrimp Tacos were also very tasty – full of both shrimp and flavor. The Grilled Artichoke was a grilled artichoke.
We were all very pleased with our meal – and just barely able to finish all four small plates. As we departed we agreed that we would return – noting that Hoppy Hour is all day on Mondays!
Comments on Hoppy’s Railyard Kitchen & Hopgarden?
What has been your experience at Hoppy’s brewpub in Old Sacramento?
Hoppy’s Railyard Kitchen & Hopgarden Snapshot:
- 1022 2nd Street (Second and K Streets), Sacramento, CA 95814
- (916) 451-4677
- Hours: Monday – Wednesday (11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.); Thursday – Saturday (11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.); Sunday (11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.)
- Hoppy Hour: Tuesday – Friday (3:00 m. to 6:00 p.m.); All Day Monday; Late Night Hoppy Hour: Sunday – Wednesday (9:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.); Thursday – Saturday (10:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
- Outdoor Patio
- Street Parking & Old Sacramento Parking Garage
Subscribe to SacramentoRevealed.com to receive the weekly newsletter direct to your inbox! Comments are welcome.