Description and review of lunch at La Cosecha located within Cesar Chavez Park in Downtown Sacramento.
A friend and I recently met to have a weekday lunch and catch up. We decided to dine at La Cosecha as neither of us had been there previously.
He had already secured a table when I arrived. Our table was on one of the outdoor patios, and while it was a warm day we were comfortable sitting under the shade of the nearby trees.
The majority of seating at La Cosecha is outdoors, but there is indoor seating as well. The décor is colorful, and the ambiance is festive.
SacramentoRevealed.com – All Things Sacramento (from a personal perspective)
It was not long before our waitress came by to take our beverage order. We ordered an iced tea ($3) and diet coke ($3).
After looking over the menu my friend settled on the Enchiladas Verdas (three chicken and cheese enchiladas, salsa verde, crema, Cotija cheese, veggies) ($13.99).
I had been eying the tacos – and asked if I could order a plate of three different tacos. As expected I could, so I chose:
- Carnitas Taco (pickled onion, cilantro, tomatillo salsa, pork rinds)
- Carne Asada Taco (arugula, charred onion salsa, shaved radish, Cotija cheese)
- Market Fish Taco (shrimp, seasonal sauces, garnish)
My taco combo plate ($14) was served with rice.
The Enchiladas Verdas were enjoyed, as were the taco’s. I finished two of the three good-sized taco’s and took one home to enjoy later that day.
I always enjoy dining al fresco – and lunch that day was no exception. Returning to try some of their other offerings, perhaps for brunch on the weekend, is now on my list of “things to do”.
See related blog post: Sacramento Ethnic Restaurants
Comments on La Cosecha?
What has been your experience at La Cosecha?
La Cosecha Snapshot:
- 917 9th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- (916) 970-5354
- Hours: Monday – Friday (11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.); Saturday (10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.); Sunday (10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Happy Hour: Monday – Friday (3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Brunch: Saturday & Sunday
- Multiple Outdoor Patios
- Street Parking
Subscribe to SacramentoRevealed.com to receive the weekly newsletter direct to your inbox! Comments are welcome.