The Airports Council International – North America (ACI-NA) recently announced that Sacramento International Airport took 1st place in the Best Food & Beverage Program (medium sized airport). More than 180 airports of all sizes in North America and Canada were nominated for the ACI-NA 2017 Concessions Awards.
The purpose of the ACI-NA Excellence in Airport Concession Contest is to inspire creativity and to recognize innovative and outstanding airport concessions that improve the passenger experience.
Subscribe to SacramentoRevealed.com to receive the weekly newsletter direct to your inbox! Comments are welcome.
The award for Sacramento International Airport includes the concessions in both Terminal A and Terminal B. The Terminal A food court was remodeled in 2016 and features off-shoots of restaurants well-known to Sacramento residents – Iron Horse Tavern, Paesanos and Squeeze Inn. The Terminal B food court opened in 2011 and features outposts of local Sacramento eateries Burgers and Brew, Cafeteria 15L, Dos Coyotes Border Café, Esquire Grill, and Jack’s Urban Eats.
I think that we can all agree that airport concessions are an important part of the total airport experience. When I am in an airport waiting for a flight having a bite to eat helps to pass the time – and being able to actually enjoy the meal is a big plus. I can’t tell you how many times I have been disappointed – but then I think it likely that many of you have had a similar experience.
If you find yourself killing time at one of the following airports while waiting for your flight you may want to check out one of the other ACI-NA award winners:
Best New Food and Beverage (Full-Service Concept)
- 1st Place: Saison, Newark Liberty International Airport
- 2nd Place: Rock & Brews, Los Angeles World Airports
- 3rd Place: RumFish, Tampa International Airport
Best New Food and Beverage (Quick-Service Concept)
- 1st Place: Angel Food Bakery and Donut Bar, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
- 2nd Place: Grindhouse Killer Burgers, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- 3rd Place: Wow Bao, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Best New Local Concept
- 1st Place: The Country Cat Dinnerhouse & Bar, Portland International Airport
- 2nd Place: Kapnos Taverna, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- 3rd Place: Hurley’s, Aeroports de Montreal
Best Food & Beverage Program – Large Airport
- 1st Place: Los Angeles World Airports, Terminal 2 and 6
- 2nd Place: O’Hare International Airport, Terminal 5
- 3rd Place: Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
Best Food & Beverage Program – Medium Airport
- 1st Place: Sacramento International Airport
- 2nd Place: Edmonton International Airport
Comments on Sacramento International Airport’s First Place Award?
See related post: Leap – Sacramento Public Art (part of an occasional series)
(UPDATED 5/21/17 ) Link added.