(UPDATED 10/24/19) Sacramento International Airport named #1 Best Food & Beverage Program by the Airports Council International – North America. The Airports Council International – North America (ACI-NA) recently announced that Sacramento International Airport took 1st place in the Best Food & Beverage Program (medium sized airport). More than 180 airports of all sizes in North America and Canada were nominated for the ACI-NA 2017 Concessions Awards.
The purpose of the ACI-NA Excellence in Airport Concession Contest is to inspire creativity and to recognize innovative and outstanding airport concessions that improve the passenger experience.
SacramentoRevealed.com – All Things Sacramento (from a personal perspective)
The award for Sacramento International Airport includes the concessions in both Terminal A and Terminal B. The Terminal A food court was remodeled in 2016 and features off-shoots of restaurants well-known to Sacramento residents – Iron Horse Tavern, Paesanos and Squeeze Inn. The Terminal B food court opened in 2011 and features outposts of local Sacramento eateries Burgers and Brew, Cafeteria 15L, Dos Coyotes Border Café, and Jack’s Urban Eats.
I think that we can all agree that airport concessions are an important part of the total airport experience. When I am in an airport waiting for a flight having a bite to eat helps to pass the time – and being able to actually enjoy the meal is a big plus. I can’t tell you how many times I have been disappointed – but then I think it likely that many of you have had a similar experience.
If you find yourself killing time at one of the following airports while waiting for your flight you may want to check out one of the other ACI-NA award winners:
Best New Food and Beverage (Full-Service Concept)
- 1st Place: Saison, Newark Liberty International Airport
- 2nd Place: Rock & Brews, Los Angeles World Airports
- 3rd Place: RumFish, Tampa International Airport
Best New Food and Beverage (Quick-Service Concept)
- 1st Place: Angel Food Bakery and Donut Bar, Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
- 2nd Place: Grindhouse Killer Burgers, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- 3rd Place: Wow Bao, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Best New Local Concept
- 1st Place: The Country Cat Dinnerhouse & Bar, Portland International Airport
- 2nd Place: Kapnos Taverna, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- 3rd Place: Hurley’s, Aeroports de Montreal
Best Food & Beverage Program – Large Airport
- 1st Place: Los Angeles World Airports, Terminal 2 and 6
- 2nd Place: O’Hare International Airport, Terminal 5
- 3rd Place: Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
Best Food & Beverage Program – Medium Airport
- 1st Place: Sacramento International Airport
- 2nd Place: Edmonton International Airport
See related blog posts: Where Does Sacramento Rank? Airport Satisfaction Rankings and Leap – Sacramento Public Art (part of an occasional series)
(10/24/19) Mention of Esquire Grill deleted as restaurant has closed.
(5/21/17 ) Link added.
Comments on Sacramento International Airport’s First Place Award?
Subscribe to SacramentoRevealed.com to receive the weekly newsletter direct to your inbox! Comments are welcome.