Description of Sacratomato Week, an annual event held each July in Sacramento’s Midtown Sutter District.
It’s that time of year again – the annual Sutter District Sacratomato Week celebrating (you guessed it) the tomato! The 2021 Sacratomato Week will be held Monday, July 19 through Sunday, July 25 from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
SacramentoRevealed.com – All Things Sacramento (from a personal perspective)
In past years I have patronized the restaurants and bars in the Midtown Sutter District during Sacratomato Week, as well as the accompanying street fair (not listed this year as an event).
On the Sacratomato Week menu are a variety of tomato-themed appetizers, entrees and beverages. Additionally, live music will be performed at key intersections in the Sutter District.
Tomato-themed specials abound. Check out the offerings and head over to one or more of these Sutter District restaurants and/or bars.
- Barwest: River Cat Sliders, Angus burgers topped with lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, American cheese, and thousand island dressing;
- Blue Cue: Pesto Tomato Pizza made with basil pesto, sliced tomatoes, shredded mozzarella, bell peppers, olives, mushrooms, red onions, topped with feta, parmesan, fresh chopped cilantro, and parsley;
- Cafe Bernardo: Grilled Salmon BLT made with bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, basil mayonnaise and served on grilled sourdough wheat;
- Four Palms at Fort Sutter Hotel: Pepperoni & Mushroom Pizza made with tomato-basil sauce and fresh mozzarella;
- Harlow’s Restaurant & Nightclub: Chips & Salsa made with fire-roasted tomato-guajillo and slow-roasted tomatillo;
- Paragary’s Midtown: Rigatoni & Italian Sausage Ragu made with house-made Italian sausage, San Marzano tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, hot pepper, and parmesan;
- Red Rabbit Kitchen & Bar: Kimchi Louis made with poached shrimp, butter leaf lettuce, cherry tomatoes, egg, avocado, kimchi, and Thousand Island dressing;
- Tea Bar & Fusion Cafe: Loaded Avo Toast made with fresh and flavorful avocado mash, crowned with rustic tomatoes loaded atop toasty naan.
- Centro Cocina Mexicana: Cerveza Preparada, a Farmer’s Mexican Lager made with tomato juice, lime, Worcestershire, tabasco, and a tajin rim;
- INK Eats & Drinks: “Build Your Own Bloody Mary” with options that include well or premium vodka, house made Bloody Mary mix and a variety of tasty toppings;
In conclusion, I can attest that the Cafe Bernardo Grilled Salmon BLT is delish!
See related blog posts: Café Bernardo Midtown and Paragary’s Midtown and The Red Rabbit and Tea Bar & Fusion Café and Centro Cocina Mexicana Happy Hour and Centro Cocina Mexicana and Ink Eats & Drinks Weekday Breakfast and Ink Eats & Drinks Al Fresco Dinner
Also see related blog posts: Annual Events in Sacramento and Sutter’s Fort – Sacramento Landmarks
Comments on Sacratomato Week?
Have you participated in Sacratomato Week in the past? Which of the food and/or drink specials appeal most to you?
2021 Sacratomato Week Snapshot:
- Monday, July 19 – Sunday, July 25
- 11:00 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sacramento Midtown Sutter District
Subscribe to SacramentoRevealed.com to receive the weekly (with an occasional hiatus) newsletter direct to your inbox! Comments are welcome.
You sold me on the salmon BLT. Salmon is so versatile, so why can’t it be in a BLT? Thanks for sharing this roundup of all the food features.