Details on the chefs and restaurants participating during the month of June in The Great Sacramento Vegan Burger Battle.
The Great Sacramento Vegan Burger Battle is being held June 1-June 30, so you have plenty of time to check out some the competing vegan burgers and side dishes.
You do not have to be vegan or a vegetarian to enjoy a vegan burger! I am neither vegan nor vegetarian – but I do plan to indulge.
You can now “like” a blog post and share it with friends on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (see below).
The following restaurants and/or chefs are listed on the Vegan Chef Challenge/Great Burger Battle website (as of this date) as participating in The Great Sacramento Vegan Burger Battle:
- Backbone Café (Sacramento)
- Buck & Sadie’s (Roseville-Rocklin)
- Brickyard Kitchen & Bar (Roseville-Rocklin)
- Broderick-Midtown (Sacramento)
- Broderick Roadhouse (West Sacramento)
- Broderick (Roseville-Rocklin)
- Capitol Garage (Sacramento)
- Crocker Café (Sacramento)
- De Vere’s Irish Pub (Sacramento)
- El Papagayo (Carmichael)
- Evan’s Kitchen ( Sacramento)
- Federalist Public House (Sacramento)
- Hook & Ladder (Sacramento)
- JD’s Bakery & Café (Roseville-Rocklin)
- Kasbah (Sacramento)
- Low Brau (Sacramento)
- Matteo’s Pizza & Bistro (Carmichael)
- Midtown’s Cantina Alley (Sacramento)
- Nectar Café (Auburn)
- Nourish Health Bar & Café (Sacramento)
- Pho Fresh (Rancho Cordova)
- The Patriot (Carmichael)
- The Porch (Sacramento)
- Thirsty Barrel Taphouse & Grille (Grass Valley)
- Revolution Winery & Kitchen (Sacramento)
- Station 16 Seafood & Bar (Sacramento)
- The Shack (Sacramento)
- Tower Bridge Bistro (Sacramento)
- Tower Café (Sacramento)
- VEG (Sacramento)
- ZEST Kitchen (Roseville-Rocklin)
Also listed are Chef Santana Diaz of the UC Davis Med Center Pavilion Café; the June 11 Meatless Monday at Old Ironsides with “The Foodie Feline”; Vegan Van 916; and, Culinerdy Cruzer.
So, there you have it – over 30 participating chefs/restaurants competing in The Great Sacramento Vegan Burger Battle! I personally plan to sample a vegan burger or two during the competition.
Before you go check out the website link above to learn:
- how to vote and comment;
- the specific category/categories of burgers (impossible, etc.) each restaurant is competing in; and,
- the hours and days the restaurant will be serving its vegan burger.
I am going to check in with my friend Pam who blogs at Sacramento Vegan to see if she would like some company as she samples some of the competing burgers. Last year we had lunch together at The Rind during the 2017 Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge.
See related post: The Rind – Sacramento Restaurants
Interested in knowing who won last year? Click the following link to see the list of the 2017 Winners of the Sacramento Vegan Chef Challenge.
Comments on The Great Sacramento Vegan Burger Battle?
Have you sampled a vegan burger at one or more of the participating restaurants? Please share your review of the experience!
Subscribe to SacramentoRevealed.com to receive the weekly newsletter direct to your inbox! Comments are welcome.