Listing and description of Sacramento independent bookstores. Do you have a favorite indie bookstore?
Browsing through a bookstore, not having a particular book in mind for your next read, is a particularly pleasurable way to spend an hour or two.
“If you don’t like to read, you haven’t found the right book” J.K. Rowling
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies….The man who never reads lives only one” George R.R. Martin (A Dance With Dragons)
Sacramento Independent Bookstores
- 1831 F Street, Sacramento, Sacramento, CA 95811
- (916) 822-4909
Under new ownership. Women artist-owned bookstore specializing in the fine arts.
- 1945 Broadway, Sacramento, CA 95818 (20th & Broadway)
- (916) 441-4400
New fiction and non-fiction books, children’s books, magazines, newspapers, gifts, toys, board games & more.
- 2005 T Street, Sacramento, CA 95811
- (916) 456-6307
Specializing in fine older books, all collectible fields. Also available: photographs, book-related art, prints and maps, etc.
- 915 S Street, Sacramento, CA 95811 (between 9th & 10th Streets)
- (916) 442-9475
Used books and movies are approximately 90% of the inventory. New books round out the remainder. Buy/sell/trade.
- 1001 K Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
- (916) 492-6657
Situated next door to the Crest Theatre in Downtown Sacramento, Capital Books sells new books, games, puzzles, etc. Parking validation (up to $5) for the nearby Capitol Garage.
- 1913 Del Paso Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95815
- (916) 600-0151
Carol’s Books sells everything from rare books to best sellers.
- 3604 McKinley Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95816 (McKinley Blvd. & 36th Street)
- No phone # (yet)
See related blog post: East Village Bookshop
- 5301 Freeport Blvd. #200, Sacramento, CA 95822
- (916) 731-8001
New and used books. Buy/sell/trade. Check out their Super Sidewalk Sale the first Saturday of the month.
- 1114 21st Street, Sacramento, CA 95811 (between L and K Streets)
- (916) 447-5696
New and used books plus vinyl records. Buy/sell/trade.
Sacramento Non-Profit Bookstores
- 8250 Belvedere Avenue, #e, Sacramento, CA 95826
- (916) 731-8493
Bookstore run by the non-profit Friends of the Sacramento Public Library.
- 2814 35th Street, Sacramento, CA 95817
- (916) 737-3333
Non-profit bookstore (under St. HOPE) located in the Oak Park neighborhood.
Sacramento-Area Independent Bookstores
Friends have mentioned liking the following bookstores in outlying areas. Any other bookstores you would recommend?
- 4949 Marconi Avenue, Carmichael, CA 95608
- (916) 488-2102
- 4359 Town Center Blvd., #113, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
- (916) 941-9401
- 724 Sutter Street, Folsom, CA 95630
- (916) 790-8760
Did I miss your favorite indie bookstore? Share the specifics so I can add it to the list. Thanks!!
Subscribe to SacramentoRevealed.com to receive the weekly (with an occasional hiatus) newsletter direct to your inbox! Comments are welcome.