The 2019 World’s Best Cities List developed by Resonance Consultancy ranks Sacramento, CA among the top 100 cities in the world.
Each year various types of “lists” are published, and I always check them out to see if Sacramento is mentioned or listed. So, it was with great interest that I noted that Sacramento appeared on the 2019 World’s Best Cities List at #95!
You can now “like” a blog post and share it with friends on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn!
Resonance Consultancy scored the world’s best cities (metro population of one million or more) based on six metrics:
- Place – the perceived quality of a city’s natural and built environment, including the sub-categories of Air Quality, Weather, Crime Rate, Neighborhoods & Landmarks, and Parks & Outdoor Activities.
- Product – a city’s key institutions, attractions and infrastructure, including the sub-categories of University Rankings, Airport Connectivity, Convention Center, Entertainment, and Museums.
- Programming – the arts, culture, entertainment and culinary scene in a city, including the sub-categories of Shopping, Culture, Culinary, and Nightlife.
- People – the immigration rate and diversity of a city, including the sub-categories of Education and Foreign-born Residents.
- Prosperity – a city’s employment and corporate head offices, including the sub-categories of Unemployment, GDP per capita, and Global 500 companies.
- Promotion – the quantity of stories, references and recommendations shared online about a city, including the sub-categories of Google search results, Google Trends, Facebook Check-ins, and TripAdvisor reviews.
SacramentoRevealed.com – All Things Sacramento (from a personal perspective)
Top 10 on 2019 World’s Best Cities List
The top ten spots in the ranking went to:
- New York
- San Francisco
Other California cities on the list were: #13 – Los Angeles; #16 – San Jose; and, #27 – San Diego.
So – where did Sacramento rank on each metric in comparison with London, the World’s Best City?
- Place – Sacramento #37 v. London #61
- Product – Sacramento #8 v. London #70
- Programming – Sacramento #4 v. London #100
- People – Sacramento #60 v. London #83
- Prosperity – Sacramento #35 v. London #72
- Promotion – Sacramento #5 v. London #100
The ranking introduction of Sacramento states, “Green, bountiful and affluent, California’s capital is big on local stewardship and keeping a good thing going.”
Also mentioned were:
- Sacramento’s livability courtesy of its Mediterranean temperatures
- The “robust fresh-and-local ethos” leading to Sacramento declaring itself America’s “Farm to Fork Capital”
- Sacramento restaurants taping into the localism
- The numerous farmers’ markets in the region
- Sacramento – the City of Trees
- Old Sacramento
- The Jedidiah Smith Memorial Bike Trail along the American River, described as “a 32-mile loop that snakes through a series of parks featuring sand dunes, scenic bridges, oak groves, picnic areas and fishing nooks, kayaking and tubing areas.”
Comments on the 2019 World’s Best Cities List?
What else would you list as notable Sacramento attributes?
Subscribe to SacramentoRevealed.com to receive the weekly newsletter direct to your inbox. Comments are welcome.