Description and review of the Real Estate Witch ranking of the 2022 Best Weed Cities in the U.S. Where does Sacramento rank?
Real Estate Witch, a real estate website, recently compiled a list of the top 50 Best Weed Cities in the U.S. I was naturally interested to find out where Sacramento ranked.
SacramentoRevealed.com – All Things Sacramento (from a personal perspective)
Denver, CO took the #1 spot. The cost of one ounce of high-quality weed in Denver is $242. Denver also has 7x more dispensaries that the average city on the list (9.8 dispensaries per 100,000 residents).
Bringing up the rear at #50 is Washington, DC. One ounce of high-quality weed in the nation’s capital will set you back $597.
Sacramento took the #3 spot on the the list. Sacramento also holds the distinction of having the least expensive weed price for one ounce of quality weed of all 50 cities.
Real Estate Witch compared the top 50 largest metro areas in the US by population. Metrics used in the comparison were weighted. The criteria included:
- Legality of marijuana
- Google trends data for 13 common weed search terms
- Price of one ounce of high-quality weed and one ounce of medium-quality weed
- Cost of one ounce of high-quality weed and one ounce of medium-quality weed every three months as a percentage of annual income
- Number of dispensaries and head shops per 100,000 residents within 25 miles
- Number of Taco Bells per 100,000 residents
- Music festivals within a 100-mile radius
- Small concert venues and movie theaters per 100,000 residents
- Number of local hiking trails (according to the AllTrails database)
As to legal status, cities were classified as one of the following:
- Medicinal, Decriminalized
- CBD Oil Only
Best Weed Cities in California
Six California cities made the list. Also listed below is the cost of one ounce of high-quality weed in each city. Additional statistics can be found at: Best Weed Cities in the U.S.
#3 – Sacramento ($212)
#5 – San Jose ($245)
#7 – San Francisco ($281)
#8 – San Diego ($270)
#9 – Los Angeles ($295)
#12 – Riverside ($260)
To Sum Up
To sum up, I can only conclude that #3 Sacramento is a great place to stop by Taco Bell to pick up a bite to eat before or after heading out to a concert or movie, or taking a hike and communing with nature while high.
See related blog post: Where Does Sacramento Rank?
Comments on the 2022 Best Weed Cities in the U.S. list?
What is your take-a-way?
Subscribe to SacramentoRevealed.com to receive new and updated blog posts direct to your inbox! Comments are welcome.